Monday, April 4, 2011

Grown-up purchases, dressed up, and traveling!

Wow! It's surely been a long time since I've updated this. A lot has been happening lately. My Honda decided she was tired and she died on me. So, a few weeks ago we added this new addition to the Guerrero family:



This is not MY car, but it looks just like this. It has everything: navigation, leather seats, sun/moonroof, heated seats, etc. We are so blessed. We named her Ana. She's our first big purchase besides our house.








In addition to the car dying, our refrigerator decided it was time to go also. So last week we had a new refrigerator delivered:

Nothing special, just a fridge.














I'm obviously most excited about the car. I love to drive it and I feel awesome driving it. She's currently getting fixed...apparently there was a cracked rim (the disadvantages of a used car) and they are fixing it at the dealership. So at the moment, I'm driving this thing:


It's ok. Not my favorite, but it's free while they're fixing Ana.

Moving on from that, this past Friday we hosted our White Coat Ceremony. What's that you ask? It's a banquet honoring the 3rd year Audiology Doctorate students. Before they leave off on their 4th year externships, we send them off with their white coats and a gift. We had a wonderful ceremony on the 8th floor of the Library and I believe everyone was pleased with it. It was very nice and everyone looked great, especially these two beautiful people:
I LOVE this picture, courtesy of Stacy Waller. Sam has been trying to grow his hair out since like January and he finally gave up and cut it back to how he used to have it and I have to say, I LOVE him with short hair. It's really a huge difference. His face is so much more joyful with short hair. He's a different person. I promise.

Here is a picture of my class. We're the best class ever.


Other than that, things have been going good. School and work have been consuming most of my time but I'm trying to keep them balanced.

Oh, and I'm flying Wednesday to this lovely city:


Chicago!!! My class and I went there in August and we didn't get to see everything. Our national American Academy of Audiology convention is there this year. So we get a second chance to see everything we missed! So I'll be gone starting tomorrow night and I'll be back Sunday. 


That's about it! I'll definitely be updating when we return from Chicago. And I'll definitely have lots of pictures!

Love,
Rae

1 comment:

  1. Rae, just wanted to let u know how proud we r of u and how much we love u. U have truly become an amazing young woman. Enjoyed reading your blog! Luv uuuuuu! Mom & Dad.

    ReplyDelete